We are committed to the EDF’s 5 Principles for Greener Freight
- Get the most out of every move. Combine freight and adapt packaging to maximize cube utilization. A fuller move is a greener move.
- Choose the most carbon-efficient transport mode. Favor ocean over air, and rail over truck.
- Collaborate. Root out opportunities for savings through discussions with internal departments and with suppliers, customers, vendors – even competitors.
- Redesign your logistics network. Continually optimize your network to maximize cost savings and minimize greenhouse gas emissions.
- Demand cleaner equipment and practices. Urge your logistics providers to use cleaner trucks and cargo handling equipment, and employ other air pollution-reducing practices at busy transport hubs.
For more information: www.edf.org/freight
We understand this: More Units per Truck = Less Trucks. Emissions can be calculated for every move.
Example: Truckload dry vans emissions factor basis averages 1,700 grams per mile. Using that basis, every truckload of 1,500 miles that can be eliminated will save about 2.5 metric tons of CO2.
We have assisted our customers in collaboration with their suppliers and customers to achieve financial and environmental savings.